Monday 24 October 2011

Nagasaki Takengei performance

It has been such a long time since my last post. I have been doing a 100 hour English certificate, so i'm sure I'll have something to say after that.

But, I have been to some recent events in my city, Nagasaki. One of which is Takengei 竹ん芸.
So this event takes place in mid to late October. The performers (some as young as 3 years old) do some amazing acrobatics on the flexible bamboo poles. It is better that you just take a look at the pictures.




The event takes place not far from the city. This temple is nestled in the hills, but not far from popular attractions.

A young boy which I believe is throwing rice cakes (mochi 餅) to the crowd.


This ones really gives you a feel for the height. My camera couldn't take it all in, but these bamboo poles are quite tall.




And when YouTube finally finished processing my video, you can watch the 3 year old acrobat do his climb:



No comments:

Post a Comment